It’s been a big week! Not only is Fozzy in town for a visit, but my cousin Robert married his beautiful girlfriend, Eva and I officiated the wedding! I’ve been so caught up in the excitement of things, that I completely lost track of time and realize now, late on Sunday, that I never put together a Motivational Monday for you! My apologies!
In lieu of a traditional blog, I’d like to simply share some pictures from the event and also share with you a great recipe I made several weeks ago and had intentions of posting eventually. Today is as good a day as any. I used Teavana tea to make them and they came out divine! I hope you enjoy them.
As for the wedding, it was in my parents backyard, lasted for 8 hours, and we danced and partied until the neighbors threatened to call the police! What can I say? We’re Cuban 🙂 But a great time was had by all and I even caught the bridal bouquet, although I suspect Eva directed it specifically to me.
I hope you enjoy the pictures, the muffins and the last week of summer… it’s gone too quickly, hasn’t it?
Lots of love!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp coconut palm nectar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup coconut milk (from a can, lite) + ¼ cup
- 3 tbsp Teavana Caramel, Almond and Amaretto tea
- 1/3 cup diced fresh apricot
- Preheat oven to 375’
- Place the tea and ½ cup coconut milk in a pan and heat gently so that tea is infused in the milk, turning it pink. Heat for about 5 minutes at lowest setting. Remove from heat, and allow to sit until cool, so the flavor of the tea steeps well into the milk. Add ¼ cup coconut milk.
- Mix first four (dry) ingredients together and blend well to remove any clumps.
- Strain the coconut milk mixture over a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut palm nectar and egg, mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend well.
- Grease muffin tin with a little coconut oil or use muffin liners. Fill 6 muffin cups with the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until done.
- Remove from heat and allow them to cool so you can easily remove from baking tray.
- Allow to cool on baking rack. Serve with Artisana coconut butter and some fresh apricots or with jam. Enjoy!