Hi everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start!
I love Greek salad… light, clean and delicious, it’s been a favorite for years! What I don’t love is all the dairy. Having noticed long ago that dairy make me feel congested and bloated, I avoid it whenever possible. But I’m creative with my diet and I came up with a yummy , easy and healthy recipe for you today that will allow you to enjoy a Greek salad without the mucous producing effects of feta. It’ll also allow you to take advantage of the delicious tomatoes and cucumbers that are just about to go out of season. If you buy organic or from farmers markets, then you know these vegetables are just bursting with flavor, begging to be tossed in a wholesome salad.
Rather than feta, I use olives and instead of Greek yogurt, I used unsweetened coconut yogurt, The results were awesome! It’s my new favorite salad.
Once you’ve tried it I’d love to hear your feedback. It’s always nice to hear from you!
Wishing you a happy week!
Greek Salad Recipe
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 cups chopped heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 scallions, sliced thin (white parts only)
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives or to taste preference
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Chopped dill (1/4 to 1/2 cup depending on taste preference)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Water to thin out dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Combine dressing ingredients, using water to thin out dressing to preferred consistency
- Add dressing to the vegetables and combine well
Can be enjoyed alone or as a side dish.