Good morning and happy Monday!
Today’s Motivational Monday is taking me a bit outside my comfort zone…
Let me begin by saying that I am not one for posting sad or happy declarations on Facebook. You’ll never see me take a selfie nor share a picture of a restaurant meal when dining out. Actually, you’ll never see me with a phone in my hand when socializing because I’m old enough to think it’s rude. I’ve missed the window of technological immersion by about a decade and since I don’t have kids, who would’ve certainly brought me into the media age, I don’t understand the need to over-share my life. This is why it never occurred to me that anyone would be interested in my daily habits and routines or the foods I eat in a day. Who would’ve thought?
Over the years I’ve had several requests from viewers who were interested to know what I do to keep myself healthy. What do I eat? What’s my fitness routine? What are the habits that allow me to thrive? So finally, in today’s video I am going to wade into uncharted waters and share with you what I eat and the things I do to stay on top of my game.
You’ll learn what I eat for breakfast so that I can start my day in the best possible way. My one daily “must” to stay energized and focused into the afternoon and the daily “Foundational Practices” I have that keep me happy and sane.
In the video I mention different recipes that appear throughout the website such as Salmon Miso Chowder, Basil Pesto, Edamame and Chickpea Salad, Chia Bircher Muesli and Kale Pesto. But I have a new one for you today as well, a Spicy Zucchini Soup, which has become my new favorite.
After you’ve watched the video, I’d love for YOU to share with ME! What are your daily habits? What do you eat in a day that allows you to stay healthy and vibrant? Do you have a daily practice that grounds you and allows you to thrive? Tell me about them in the comments below.
I hope that getting a glimpse of what I do in a day is in some way helpful for you! If it is, then I am happy I shared 🙂
Wishing you a great week!
- 1 to 2 Cucumbers
- 1 Baby Bok Choy
- 1 Broccoli stalk (or several kale or asparagus stalks… sometimes a little of all three!)
- 1 green apple
- 1 lime or lemon
- A lot of fresh ginger
- Fresh turmeric
Put through a juicer and enjoy!
Spicy Zucchini Soup!
- 1 pound organic spicy turkey sausage (casing removed and crumbled up)
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 large green pepper sliced thin
- ½ large container of chopped or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of homemade vegetable stock or chicken bone broth
- 2 cups of water
- 3 medium zucchini cut up in a chunky dice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste preference
- Basil Pesto (optional)
- Sauté onion and pepper in a little olive oil until the onions are translucent and the mixture is fragrant
- Add the turkey sausage and sauté until cooked through
- Add the stock, water, crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer
- Allow soup to simmer for about 30 minutes, covered on a low flame
- Add the zucchini and cook another 5 to 7 minutes until the zucchini is cooked but not soft
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed
- Ladle into bowls and serve with a dollop of basil pesto ~ Enjoy!