A nutritious recipe that’s easy to make, with ingredients that will improve your mood. Beans and corn will help increase your serotonin levels – a chemical responsible for making you feel happy! Other ingredients work in complimentary ways to improve and stabilize brain function and help maintain a healthy heart!
Three Bean Salad
- 1/2 Minced medium Red Pepper
- 1 Minced Carrot
- 1/2 Minced Yellow Squash
- 15oz frozen corn, defrosted and drained
- 3 15oz cans of beans (Black, Kidney & Garbanzo)
- 1/2 Cup chopped Scallions
- 1/2 Cup of finely minced Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp each chopped fresh Basil, oregano and Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves minced Garlic
- Juice from 1/2 a large Lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for two or more hours. Serve as an appetizer with tortilla chips or as a side dish to grilled fish.