Happy Monday everyone!
I hope you had a great and fun weekend! Now that you’re back to your work week, here is a very easy, delicious recipe to help you kick off a healthy week in 5 minutes. I originally saw this recipe in Olive Magazine, a foodie mag in the UK. I made a few tweaks to it to make it a little healthier, like cooking it in grape seed oil, but the rest of the idea came from Jamie Oliver, a conscientious chef across the pond.
Monday’s can be a difficult day to get back on track with your health goals, but with this recipe you can get back to your healthy routine in just minutes. All you need is a piece of salmon, some sesame seeds, Himalaya salt and olive oil.
If you’re too tired to make anything else, have the salmon with a simple salad of leafy greens. If you have the time and are inclined to make a more robust meal, then I suggest you pair this dish with the Sesame Cucumber Salad or the Spring Quinoa Salad, both of which are on this site. If you are looking for low-carb options then check out the cucumber salad. If you prefer some grains with dinner, then the quinoa salad is the way to go. Both are delicious and would go very well with the salmon.
Not only is this dish delicious but it is amazing for your health. Salmon is loaded in Omega 3 essential fatty acids that help with circulation, have anti-inflammatory properties and also can help modulate mood and improve focus and concentration! All very important benefits~
I hope you enjoy today’s recipe and do let me know what you think once you’ve tried it. I think you’re going to love it!
Have a happy and healthy week!
Seared Salmon Recipe
- Wild Alaskan salmon
- Sesame seeds
- Himalaya salt
- Olive oil to drizzle on salmon to help sesame seeds adhere to fish
- Grape seed oil for cooking
- Combine several tablespoons of sesame seeds (depending on how many pieces of fish you are making. It should be enough to coat each piece of fish with a layer of seeds) with a few pinches of Himalaya salt (again, depending on how much of the seeds you prepare)
- Bring one tablespoon of grape seed oil to high heat in a pan. While this is heating…
- Drizzle olive oil on salmon and then flesh side down, drudge in sesame seed mixture until it is coated in seeds.
- When the grape seed oil is hot, place salmon in pan, flesh side down. Cover and cook for about a minute per 1/2” of fish. When it is cooked , turn the salmon over and cook on the skin side down, again 1 minute per 1/2” or until cooked through.
- Plate and serve with any of the recipes mentioned above.